Looking for information on whether onions are good for hair? Doubt the effectiveness of the plant or are you afraid that an unpleasant smell will haunt you everywhere? Onion restores curls, nourishes the scalp, stimulates the hair follicles and fights hair loss. Find out how onion juice is useful for hair from the article.
Attention! The material is for informational purposes only. You should not resort to the methods of treatment described in it without first consulting a doctor.
Onion juice on hair: benefits and side effects
Onions are a product that is in every home. Most often, the bulbs go in during cooking. Few people know that onions have unique healing properties and can significantly improve the condition of the hair, scalp, and even fight alopecia.
The benefits of onion juice are as follows:
- Vegetable juice is a powerful natural antibiotic and antioxidant.
- Onion stimulates metabolic processes in the body.
- The plant has an antimicrobial and antiseptic effect.
Such properties of onions improve the condition of the scalp, providing normal conditions for hair growth. Onion mask deserves special attention.
Regular use of the product gives results such as:
- strengthening the hair follicle;
- stimulation of hair growth;
- restoration of the hair structure;
- elimination of the causes of skin peeling and dandruff formation.
Onion peel can be used to dye blonde hair. The result will be insignificant. This property of the vegetable will appeal to pregnant women and nursing mothers who want to change their image without endangering the health of the baby.
It is important to note that onion juice helps fight hair loss only in cases of bacterial alopecia and when the hair follicle is depleted.
If your hair is falling out due to a genetic predisposition, due to medication, or after chemotherapy, onions will not solve the problem.
- Onion juice, onion masks and the onion itself are practically harmless. Despite this, there are a number of reasons when it is better to refuse the use of a plant, namely:
- with individual intolerance to the vegetable;
- in the presence of wounds and abrasions on the surface of the scalp;
- if the skin is hypersensitive; with increased dryness of the scalp.
Do not expect the effect of a single use of onions. Follow the recommendations, repeat the procedures regularly, and in a month and a half the first results will become noticeable.
According to the publication of one of the specialized journals, the use of onion juice for 2 weeks stimulated hair growth in 74% of the participants in the experiment suffering from alopecia areata. After 6 weeks, the rate increased to 87%. The study involved only 38 people, mostly men.
There is no unequivocal opinion of scientists regarding the effectiveness of onions in the fight against alopecia. Much depends on the individual characteristics of the organism.
Read Also: Desonide Cream: Uses Plus Side Effects