If you have crooked teeth, you are probably looking for Invisalign near you. But, do you know what is it and how does it work?
Invisalign has become more and more popular over the years because they are an aesthetic option to align your teeth. Decades ago, you could only opt for conventional braces; they work perfectly, but some adults prefer a more discrete treatment.
Invisalign in Naples is a system that consists of several plastic aligners that our patients must wear for two weeks each until their teeth move into the right position.
If you are interested in these clear braces, you may schedule a consultation visit with our Naples dentist, who will evaluate you and determine if you qualify for the treatment.
Who Qualifies for Invisalign?
There is no age limit to undergo Invisalign treatment. While adults demand it more, many young teens are now considering it, as there is no evidence that they cannot wear them.
How Long Does the Treatment Last?
Invisalign is not a one-size-fits-all treatment. The length of the treatment will depend on your discipline in wearing the aligners and the severity of your alignment issues. On average, Invisalign takes from 12 to 18 months to correct smiles; however, it could be more time. Your dental professional will tell you how long it will take in your case.
For faster results, you must wear your aligners at least 22 hours per day, only removing them before meals and before your oral care routine.
How Much Does It Cost?
Invisalign is a pricey treatment. You may consult with your insurance company if they have any coverage for it. If they don’t, our dental office near you provides financing options, so you can get the smile you always wanted.
On average, orthodontic treatment with Invisalign can range from $2000 up to $6000.
Caring for Your Invisalign
For better results with your Invisalign treatment, you should follow the instructions above:
- Commit to the treatment – Don’t remove the trays often. You must wear them almost all day if you want to see results.
- Don’t skip your orthodontic checkups – Our orthodontics dentist in Naples will check that the treatment is advancing as it should; also, if you have any concerns, it is during the orthodontic checkups that you can look for answers.
- Clean your aligners – Using a soft-bristled toothbrush and a mild-soap, brush your aligners at least once a day. Also, feel free to soak them in the Invisalign cleaning system for deeper cleansing.
- Remove them before meals – There is a misconception that you can eat wearing your Invisalign. Eating colored foods and drinks with your trays on will stain them. Also, before putting them back, brush your teeth to remove food particles.
- Avoid smoking – If you are a heavy smoker, it is best to opt for conventional treatment because you will be removing your aligners often, and as we mentioned above, you should wear them as much as possible.
- Oral care routine – Keep on brushing twice a day, flossing daily, and attending your dental checkups with a dentist near you. Your oral health will be excellent, and you won’t experience any gum issues while you wear Invisalign.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact our dental offices. Our professionals will evaluate you and offer you the best possible orthodontic treatment, according to your wants and needs.
This blog intends to offer information about a dental topic; however, it doesn’t replace a consultation visit with a dental expert. Don’t hesitate to contact us before making a decision.