Menopause happens when women have gone 12 months without a monthly cycle. Symptoms like hot flashes and vaginal dryness are linked to fluctuations in estrogen and progesterone levels – two female hormones produced in the ovaries. A woman’s reproductive years are over when she enters menopause.
An inevitable aspect of growing older is going through natural menopause, which isn’t brought on by surgery or another medical issue.
Treatment For Menopause
A woman’s natural menopause is inevitable. Numerous signs and symptoms will go away on their own. However, if they’re giving you discomfort, therapy options exist. Among the most common are:
- Replacement of hormones (HRT) – Menopausal hormone therapy is another name for this treatment. Your body no longer produces hormones replaced by drugs that you take. Hot flashes and vaginal symptoms, and bone strength may be alleviated using certain medications or combinations. But they may also increase your risk of heart disease and breast cancer, so you should take the lowest amount that works for the shortest period.
- Hormone treatment – To alleviate vaginal dryness, use an estrogen cream, implant, or gel.
- Prescription drugs without hormones – FDA-approved treatment for hot flashes is paroxetine (Brisdelle, Paxil), a depression medicine. Both gabapentin (Gralise, Neuraptine, Neurontin) and clonidine (Catapres, Kapvay), which are used to treat high blood pressure and nerve pain, may help alleviate these symptoms.
- Osteoporosis medications- Your bones may be strengthened with medications or vitamin D supplements.
Transforming One’s Way Of Life
Changing one’s lifestyle may help alleviate the symptoms of menopause. Try the following:
- Drinking cool drinks, sitting or sleeping near a fan, and dressing in layers may help alleviate the symptoms of hot flashes.
- Use an over-the-counter lubricant or moisturizer on the vaginal area to alleviate dryness.
- Maintaining a regular exercise routine may improve sleep quality and protect against heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and osteoporosis.
- Prevent bladder leaks by strengthening the muscles in your pelvic floor with Kegel exercises.
- Memory loss may be prevented by engaging in social and mental activities.
- Smoking is bad for your health. Early menopause and hot flashes may be caused by smoking.
- To reduce your risk of breast cancer and improve your sleep quality, limit the amount of alcohol you consume.
- Maintaining a healthy weight and eating various meals may help alleviate hot flashes.
- Relaxation techniques such as yoga, deep breathing, and massage may all be helpful.
Alternative Menopause Treatments
Researchers are currently investigating if soy products might help alleviate hot flashes. Menopause symptoms may be relieved by alternative supplements such as black cohosh or “bioidentical” hormones.
MonaLisa Touch Treatment For Menopause
Fractional laser technology, or micro-ablation, is used by Mona Lisa Touch. The laser acts in a manner similar to that of face skin rejuvenation lasers. Collagen is a protein that makes your skin seem younger, and your vaginal walls behave younger.
Your vaginal walls will become more elastic, firm, and less dry due to using MonaLisa Touch to increase the amount of moisture and lubrication in your body. Additionally, the MonaLisa Touch helps boost genital circulation.
You may have a normal, healthy, and pleasant sex life far into your golden years with this fast and painless procedure that helps reduce many sexual and genital-related menopausal symptoms.