Ultrasonic cavitation is called the new non-surgical liposuction. With its help, you can lose weight in problem areas and tighten the body without injections and exhausting physical exertion. Noticeable transformations are visible after the first procedure, and the completion of the course according to the results is similar to a month of training in the fitness room.
However, to maintain the result, it is necessary to rebuild the diet. If you overeat, then the broken down fat will build up again.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROCEDURE
Ultrasonic cavitation is a non-injection cosmetological procedure for removing unwanted fat in problem areas.
How does Ultrasonic Cavitation operate:
- The machine releases low-frequency ultrasonic radiations;
- A small bubble is formed inside the fat cells (adipocytes) in response to ultrasound, which gradually increases;
- The adipocyte swells, the cell membrane (wall) cannot withstand stress and ruptures;
- The adipocyte is destroyed, and all structures that were inside the cell are split into decay products (triglycerides), enter the lymphatic and blood vessels, then go to the liver and are broken down to glucose – an energy substrate for any cells in the body.
Low-frequency ultrasonic waves have a destructive effect only on adipocytes; they do not affect other cells (skin, muscles and blood vessels) so pronouncedly (without negative consequences) due to the strength and elasticity of these structures.
Ultrasonic cavitation is recommended if you have:
- Fat folds and deposits on the abdomen, back, buttocks, sides, thighs;
- Cellulite (any severity);
- Consequences of liposuction or lipolysis injections (residual fat accumulations in the form of tubercles);
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PROCEDURE
Ultrasonic cavitation stages:
- Consulting with a cosmetologist. Anamnesis collection, examination, elimination of contraindications for the procedure. Selection of the zone to be treated.
- Setting up the machine. The patient is placed on a couch in a supine or reclining position. A special gel is applied to the problem area (similar is used for ultrasound so that the skin does not rub, and the device sensor fits snugly to the body).
- Carrying out ultrasound cavitation. Depending on the area, the procedure lasts from 20 to 40 minutes.
- End of the session: the patient wipes off the remaining gel from the skin.
- To enhance the effect of fat burning, it is recommended to undergo additional cosmetic procedures: pressotherapy, lipolytic injection cocktails, lymphatic drainage or massage.
HOW MANY PROCEDURES WILL BE REQUIRED AND HOW OFTEN CAN YOU DO IT?
For maximum effect, you should undergo any cosmetic procedure in courses. The course of ultrasonic cavitation includes 5 sessions, the procedure is performed once every 5-7 days.
To maintain the result obtained, it is recommended to undergo the procedure again after 4-6 months, while 1-3 sessions are sufficient.
Ultrasonic cavitation is used to remove localized fat deposits.
Main areas of intervention:
- Face and neck (elimination of double chin).
EFFECT BEFORE AND AFTER THE PROCEDURE
Expected result from ultrasonic cavitation:
- Reducing the volume of the abdomen and waist (after the first session – from 1 to 3-5 cm);
- Weight loss;
- Decrease the severeness of cellulite.
PROS AND CONS OF ULTRASOUND CAVITATION
Benefits of the procedure:
- No age restrictions;
- Uniform body shaping;
- Anesthesia (even local) or pain relievers are not needed;
- It is applied on a large area of the body;
- No rehabilitation required;
- The integrity of the skin is not violated (there are no punctures and cuts);
- There are no scars, scars, pronounced edema and hematomas after the session;
- The sensitivity of the skin is completely preserved;
- Lifting effect;
- The result is noticeable after several procedures;
- Cumulative effect;
- Pronounced body shaping after completing the course;
- There are no strict restrictions even on the day of the procedure.
DISADVANTAGES OF ULTRASOUND CAVITATION:
- Cannot be used in cases of obesity, when excess weight reaches 15-20 kg;
- Not suitable for those with a fat fold of less than 3 centimeters.
- Pregnancy and lactation period;
- Oncological diseases;
- Blood clotting disorders;
- Metal structures in the treated area (prostheses);
- Autoimmune diseases or immunosuppression (decreased immunity);
- Liver disease;
- Renal failure;
- Damage to the cardiovascular system;
- The presence of a pacemaker or other electronic devices to support life support;
- Violation of the integrity of the skin in the treated area;
- Individual intolerance to ultrasound;
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases.
PREPARING FOR THE PROCEDURE
Before the session, you will need to follow simple rules:
- 3 days before ultrasound cavitation, exclude high-calorie foods, as well as fried, smoked and spicy foods from the diet.
- A few days before the procedure, an adequate water balance should be maintained: drink up to 2-3 liters of clean, still water per day.
- A few days before the session, exclude alcohol.
Ultrasonic cavitation is a safe non-surgical liposuction technique. However, in some cases, side effects are possible:
- Skin burn. A common problem for people with sensitive skin, which is why it is so important to honestly answer the doctor’s questions during the consultation before the procedure.
- Dehydration of the skin. After the destruction of adipocytes, their remnants and metabolic products are urgently sent to the lymph and blood to “clear” the lesion site. As a result, the amount of intercellular fluid is locally reduced, and the skin may be drier than usual for several days. In 24-48 hours after the procedure, the problem goes away on its own.
- Inflammatory response. Possible in the presence of immune diseases.
ULTRASONIC CAVITATION AND LIPOSUCTION
Traditional liposuction is a surgical method to remove excess fatty tissue. It is traumatic, dangerous and requires preparation before surgery and recovery after it.
Laser liposuction is a minimally invasive method for removing excess adipose tissue. First, adipocytes are destroyed by laser radiation, after which fat is pumped out through a thin cannula. The disadvantages of this method are the same as that of the traditional one: it is a traumatic and dangerous method that requires anesthesia, preparation for surgery and rehabilitation.
With ultrasonic cavitation, punctures and cuts are not required. The skin remains intact. After the action of ultrasound, the ruptured adipocytes are broken down into fatty acids and sent by the lymph and blood to the liver, where they go into energy. The technique is painless, does not require hospitalization, preparation and recovery after the procedure. And in terms of efficiency, ultrasonic cavitation is not inferior to traditional and laser liposuction, when it comes to small excess weight (up to 10-15 kg).
If the patient has severe obesity (15 or more extra kg), then more radical methods of removing adipose tissue are already required.
Also related to read: What is BBL Surgery? Cost, Procedure and FAQs
VACUUM ULTRASONIC CAVITATION
The procedure is carried out with the help of one apparatus, in which the actions of ultrasound and vacuum are combined. Thanks to the first, lipolysis (fat breakdown) occurs, and with the help of the second, fatty acids are removed from the body faster, improving the overall effect of liposuction.
After vacuum ultrasonic cavitation, lymphatic drainage is not required, since it is carried out during the procedure itself. As a result of vacuum massage, tissue metabolism is stimulated and the skin is tightened.
The effect of this combined procedure is noticeable after the first session (minus 2 cm at the waist). After a few days, the result will intensify.
During classical ultrasound cavitation, up to 15 cm3 of fat can be removed at a time, and vacuum ultrasonic cavitation removes about 20 cm3 of fat mass at a time. In addition, the combined procedure is faster – only 30 minutes, while the classical ultrasound cavitation followed by lymphatic drainage will take 1-1.5 hours with the same effectiveness.
ULTRASONIC CAVITATION AND RF LIFTING
RF-lifting is a non-invasive method of rejuvenation, which operates at the expense of high-frequency current. It penetrates into the deep layers of the dermis, warms them up, improves blood microcirculation and tissue oxygen saturation, accelerates metabolic processes in cells and activates the synthesis of collagen and elastin – the main components responsible for skin elasticity. The skin is smoothed and tightened, its color improves.
Ultrasonic cavitation is aimed at burning fatty deposits. The greatest effect of the procedure is achieved with a combination of ultrasound cavitation with RF-lifting. Subcutaneous fat is broken down, and due to heating, the excretion of the obtained fatty acids from the site of destruction of adipocytes is accelerated. Improved microcirculation prevents the development of edema. In addition, after the formation of voids under the skin, it tightens faster without sagging. Both treatments complement and reinforce each other. Therefore, it is recommended to combine them.
CARRYING OUT THE PROCEDURE AT HOME
This unit is purchased under a medical license, so there is no way to buy it at home.
For cosmetic services, you should contact cosmetology centers, where all procedures are performed by doctors. A specialist with a higher medical education is a guarantor of the absence of the risk of complications and side effects.