The Brazilian lift, called Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) or lipofilling of the buttocks, is a cosmetic surgery procedure intended to increase the volume of the buttocks by injecting fat. Its name comes directly from South America, precisely from Brazil, renowned for its beautiful plump buttocks.
The objectives of the BBL are:
- Increase the volume and curve of the buttocks;
- Improve the appearance of the buttocks;
- Treat flat buttocks;
- Obtain beautiful plump buttocks;
- Redefine the silhouette thanks to liposuction of the fat cells necessary for lipofilling of the buttocks.
Who is affected by buttock lipofilling (BBL)?
Among the candidates for the Brazilian Butt Lift, there are two demand profiles:
- Patients between 25-35 years old who want more volume, more curves to have a plumper, sexier silhouette.
- Patients between 45-55 years old who, following pregnancy or weight loss, have a decrease in volume with ptosis of the buttocks (sagging buttocks) and seek above all to harmonize their bodies and regain the lost volume.
Increase the volume and size of the buttocks: Brazilian Butt Lift or prostheses?
There are two distinct techniques depending on the morphology of the patient:
- Lipofilling or liposculpture which adds volume by injecting fat. The advantage of this intervention is twofold: to eliminate your own areas of excess fat and at the same time increase the size of the buttocks. We start by removing fat from the hips, abdomen, thighs and knees, then after purification, we practice the injection of fat to increase the size and volume of the buttocks.
- Buttock implants which increase the volume by bringing more projection to the buttocks. Just like during a breast augmentation by prosthesis, we use silicone implants.
Procedure of the intervention of BBL
The Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) can be performed strictly with fat, provided you have fatty areas to sample (saddlebags, abdomen, love handles, knees, thighs). The amount of fat taken by liposuction is purified and then injected into the buttocks.
The first stage begins with liposuction of areas with excess fat. Thus, we redefine the curve of the buttocks while sculpting the hips (liposuction of love handles) in order to harmonize the silhouette.
Liposuction of the saddlebags, the inner face of the knees and the thighs can be performed at the same time to have a combined effect on the silhouette.
The procedure can be performed on an outpatient basis or require overnight hospitalization.
In some cases, if there is a significant drop in the buttocks, a buttock lift can be combined to correct significant buttock ptosis, especially if there is significant weight loss after Sleeve or Bypass type bariatric surgery.
As in the case of a breast augmentation by lipofilling, part of the reinjected fat, approximately 30 to 50% is reabsorbed. This is the reason why it is always necessary to overcorrect to prevent this fat melting.
What are the operational consequences of BBL?
The first postoperative days are slightly painful, but well relieved by analgesics.
- There is discomfort walking the first days after the operation.
- Patients are advised to sleep on their stomachs or sides.
- We recommend a daily shower the day after the operation.
- Regular follow-up by your plastic surgeon is essential.
- An intervention carried out abroad must absolutely require a follow-up of at least one month.
- A follow-up consultation at 7 days, two weeks, and 21 days is essential to detect any complications.
Requirements for a Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)
It is essential to carry out two preoperative consultations, spaced at least fifteen days apart. During these consultations, Doctor Jonathan Haddad will give you all the information about buttock augmentation surgery.
- An information sheet from the French Society of Plastic Surgery will also be given to you, as well as an estimate and informed consent.
- We recommend a residue-free diet one week before the procedure.
- Smoking is prohibited 1 month before and 1 month after the operation to limit complications.
What are the risks of a BBL?
In the case of a buttock augmentation by liposculpture, the infection remains very rare and responds well to antibiotics. It can form balls corresponding to fatty deposits which can be absorbed gradually.
Doctor Jonathan Haddad is a Brazilian Butt Lift specialist surgeon, he makes every effort to limit these complications.
What is the price of a Brazilian Butt Lift in Paris?
The price of the Brazilian Butt Lift depends on the number of areas to be removed by liposuction and the amount of fat to be injected back into the buttocks. The price of this intervention starts from 6170 $.
Is there support for the augmentation of the buttocks by lipofilling?
Buttock augmentation surgery is cosmetic surgery. Consequently, no coverage is possible, neither by social security nor by mutual insurance.
Even in the case of significant weight loss after bariatric surgery with a significant lack of volume in the buttocks, there is no codification that can support this operation.
However, there is a coding for the buttock lift in the event of a significant fall of the buttocks which can be carried out on a case-by-case basis with a possible summons by the medical adviser of the social security QBFA 003.
Who is a good candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)?
Anyone wishing to have slimmer buttocks without the need for an implant should consider having a bbl. However, some patients are better candidates than others. Here are the required items:
To be in a good health
One of the most important requirements for any cosmetic surgery is that you are in good health. Being healthy will allow you to get the best results and enjoy it in the long run. During your pre-treatment consultation, the surgeon will review your medical history and ensure that you do not have any health conditions that may affect your results or be exacerbated by this treatment.
Not only is smoking detrimental to your overall health, it can also negatively impact the results of cosmetic treatments, including bbl. It is important that patients who want to undergo this treatment are non-smokers, as smoking will negatively impact your results and prevent you from enjoying the full benefits of this particular cosmetic treatment.
Have small buttocks
Some people just have a small build, and there’s not much you can do about it, because it’s just genetic. If your buttocks are small, flat or out of shape, this treatment can transform your posterior and help you achieve better body proportions. Although there are injectables, supplements and other bodybuilding pills and hormones that you can take to improve your muscles, you cannot take them to treat the gluteal muscles on a one-off basis. Taking these supplements also increases the size of other muscle groups. Not everyone wants to increase muscle size in their entire body. Some just want to increase the size of their buttocks, and thanks to the Brazilian Butt Lift it is now possible, and you don’t need the gym to do it.
Diet and exercise program not yielding results
If you’ve tried new diets or spent more time at the gym doing squats and hip thrusts to try to improve the appearance of your buttocks, but it doesn’t work, this procedure can do what your diet and workouts can’t.
Recovery after a bbl
All operations come with some form of recovery and this procedure is no different. Although you probably won’t feel great pain, the biggest challenge during recovery is often the fact that you can’t lie down or sit directly on your buttocks for a period of at least two weeks.
Obviously, this means that you will sleep on your side or on your stomach and will have to stand or lie down for any activity. After some time, your surgeon will allow you to modify this position, which will involve placing a pillow or seat under your thighs, which will relieve pressure on the buttocks area.
In most cases, you will be able to sit normally about eight weeks after the operation. You can resume light activity within a week of surgery, and you can usually return to work between 10 and 14 days after surgery.
The Brazilian butt lift (BBL) is one of the fastest growing forms of plastic surgery today. This procedure is perfect for anyone looking for better body proportions and attractive curves.
Must Read: Bichectomy: Buccal fat removal