The American company Amazing White has developed the Teeth whitening pen. Teeth whitening pen is tube shaped like a pencil and contains a thick gel that is easy to apply and does not run.
This tool has a number of features:
- It is only used to support the whitening effect that has been achieved through other treatments . That is, by itself, it will not be able to lighten the teeth by several tones (only after constant and long-term use). In fact, its principle of action is that the gel creates an invisible film on the teeth, which prevents the effects of substances that stain the enamel.
- Makes breath fresh.
- The gel contained inside the tube is completely harmless, therefore it does not require rinsing after drying.
- In addition to the main action, it gives an additional effect – it remineralizes the enamel.
- There are no restrictions on the time of use: it can be used every day as an adjunct to basic hygiene procedures (brushing your teeth and rinsing), even for several years. Thus, it is possible to maintain the effect after the whitening procedure for as long as possible – up to two years.
For many reasons, our teeth can lose their true color and turn yellow. What causes these yellowness and how to treat them. Whitening (teeth whitening) you can find it on our page. Of course, the most effective solution for teeth whitening is to consult a dentist. … Your dentist will tell you why your teeth turn yellow and use the right solution for you.
Although you want to whiten your teeth with substandard products sold in the market, you can do harm. Also, your teeth may not be suitable for using these grips.
It is usually sufficient to brush your teeth every day and floss the food debris between your teeth to keep your teeth white. Frequent use of teeth whitening pens can damage tooth enamel.
Who Shouldn’t Use a Teeth Whitening Pen?
The following people are not advised to use the teeth whitening pen;
- People who have bleeding gums due to gingivitis, chronic periodontitis, aggressive periodontitis, and similar gum disease.
- People who have not reached a certain maturity (15-16 years old and earlier).
- Women who are during pregnancy and lactation. Care must be taken to ensure that the chemicals in the pen do not harm the baby.
How to use the teeth whitening pen?
- The teeth are cleaned well.
- It is checked to see if there is anything between the teeth. Detailed cleaning can be done with dental floss.
- Then a teeth whitening pen is applied to the teeth.
- After waiting for a while, they wash their teeth.
- It should be used no more than twice a week. Overuse can damage teeth due to the chemicals it contains.
Precautionary measures to use whitening pen
It is unacceptable to swallow the whitening gel from a pencil. It is intended only for an external cosmetic effect. You also need to protect yourself from getting the gel on the mucous membrane of the eye. This is due to the fact that the product contains hydrogen peroxide. Another nuance worth paying attention to: a tooth whitening pen is highly not recommended for use by people suffering from all sorts of allergic reactions. It is also contraindicated in the presence of individual intolerance to any of its components.
READ TO PREPARE YOURSELF: HOW TO CHOOSE A GOOD DENTIST
What should be considered when using a teeth whitening pen?
- The teeth should be as clean and dry as possible before use. If the teeth are wet, the product may not give sufficient results.
- Do not eat or drink within 10 minutes after using the pen.
- Regardless of the brand, the substance in it must not be swallowed. Skin contact should also be avoided. If spilled into the area, flush with copious amounts of water and dilute with chemicals.
Therefore, you should consult your doctor before using teeth whitening pens on the market. The most successful and healthy teeth whitening procedures are dental whitening procedures in the office and at home, carried out under the supervision of a dentist.
Whitening pencils for home teeth whitening
Teeth whitening is more and more included in our daily life every year. Almost all clinics suggest using this method to acquire a charming smile. Professional cleaning is usually not always suitable within the time frame, and the price does not always allow you to use this service.
After consulting your dentist, you can easily choose a home teeth whitening system. One of the easiest and most affordable remedies is bleaching pencils . Manufacturers offer a wide range of bleaching pencils. They may vary in design and use, but one factor invariably unites them.
Pencils are a small container of two to five milliliters in which the gel is located. A brush or sponge applicator is wetted in this gel and applied to the surface of the teeth. The gel contains hydrogen peroxide with a concentration of no more than ten percent or carbamide peroxide with a concentration of up to fifteen percent. For a more enjoyable use, the whitening sticks are packed with stabilizers, flavors and flavorings.
Healthy enamel is a translucent substance. During its life, the enamel accumulates coloring pigments, which lead to yellowing of the teeth. This is due to the consumption of coffee, tea, food and drinks containing dyes, taking certain types of drugs and smoking.
Due to the breakdown of hydrogen peroxide and the release of oxygen, a whitening effect occurs when using a pencil. Oxygen atoms penetrate the enamel into the surface tissues of the tooth and discolor it. The correct use of a pencil, its quality and the condition of the teeth themselves, all of these factors affect the speed, efficiency and safety of use.
Advantages and disadvantages of a teeth whitening pen
The use of a teeth whitening pen is indicated for use to maintain the whiteness effect after a professional method of teeth whitening, or for home teeth whitening for several shades. The advantageous position of this method is that it significantly reduces the time spent on doctor visits.
The whitening pen is less expensive than office whitening. Ease of use makes it possible to use it anywhere. Teeth whitening takes only thirty seconds twice a day. In this case, the result will be visible after several procedures. There are no restrictions on the use of whitening teeth with whitening pencils.
Additional effect of fresh breath. There are some unpleasant moments though. The use of the gel can provoke tooth sensitivity. Allergic reactions are possible with individual drug intolerance. Using a tooth whitening pencil improves the color of your teeth by just three shades. It should also be borne in mind that the tooth whitening pen should not be used by pregnant women and during lactation.
Children under the age of eighteen. In the presence of acute diseases of the oral cavity, the presence of piercings or other objects in the oral cavity, as well as individual intolerance to the components.
Correct use of a whitening pencil will give you a dazzling smile like professional whitening.
Available for use both at home and directly in the dental office, a teeth whitening pen has many advantages:
- remineralizes enamel and gives the teeth the desired whiteness;
- temporarily eliminates the negative effects of dyes;
- promotes fresh breath;
- suitable for daily use;
- a compact size allows you to take a pencil with you if necessary.
Despite all the effectiveness and benefits of using a whitening stick, it will not be able to counteract the daily effects of food coloring such as coffee or chocolate. This means that over time, professional teeth whitening will still have to be repeated. But the visit to the dentist will be significantly separated, which is already an undoubted advantage of the whitening pencil.